Friday, 20 September 2013

Music Magazine.



                 
Media Evaluation.


For my magazine on ‘Illegal downloading’ I had to first do some research on different opinions on the matter. I gave for and against points, different artist’s point of view, statistics and finally, my own personal opinion on the matter.


I tried to use credible sources when doing my research and avoided sites such as Wikipedia and Yahoo answers; the majority of my research came from articles and online newspaper sites. Some examples of the credible sources I used are: The Guardian, QUE Publishing, BBC news, Independent etc.


 The reason I chose the picture of Lady Gaga for the background of my magazine is because just like myself, she is pro illegal downloading of music.


I personally found InDesign confusing because I’ve never used it before and couldn’t work out how to export my picture without it being really big. The skills I did learn by using InDesign when I eventually got the hang of it, was how to make text boxes, use the different colours and size the picture according to how I wanted it.


My text for the article was slightly long as it was over 600 words.


I think web publishing would be a better idea than printing the article because it’s cost effective and more people can access online articles. Also, more people are likely to read it if it’s online rather than printed out. For readers in another country, the web page is also useful because they can simply access the article through the internet.


My four specific targets for improvement would be:

-          Add more pictures.

-          Make the text shorter.

-          Use a variety of fonts.

-          Make the background look more interesting.

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing start! Just add a few more posts and it will be A grade quality!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Your magazine looks well detailed as it includes appropriate and appealing images, linking to the text obtained. You have added quite a lot of information and statistics onto your magazine about illegal downloading and collected reasonable information as well. But as for your evaluation, you need to explain your improvements more with reference to examples. Overall, a good try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Review of Blogger
    Nirvana this blog needs a great deal more. Very thin. Proposal of technologies and all evaluation questions needed. There is no development of the magazine, photography analysis, call sheets, masthead development, house styles, evaluation of audience feedback, press packs/ media kits at all. Likewise all tutorials on photoshop, photography are needed and it needs to be in task order.
    Scott

    ReplyDelete